Thursday, November 13, 2008

Story

Right, so. I want to get inspired by a song to write a story. Maybe I should write a love story - but not sappy love. It could be between a mother and daughter or even son and father OR EVEN between siblings. Or a tough time at home. YEAH I think I'll go for that. ABUSE. I like that topic. It's always so tragic but dramatic. I LIKE I LIKE.

Prologue

My mother wanted to call me Ethan. My dad had argued how I should be named Anthony, from a Roman clan name that had meant praiseworthy. But my mother replied, "No, it could mean flower. I don't want my son to be named a flower. Ethan, however, means strong. After Ethan Allen, that famous independent American Soldier. We want a good reputation for our little boy."
Though by the time I reached early teen years, my reputation had been ruined. A small thing like my parents squabbling over a name might sound minor but it developed over the years. Like a back garden that is never trimmed and perfected - it grew. It grew until it began crawling over the fence and through the cracks in the wall, and it didn't stop.
I am called Ethan and this is my story of living with a really f*cked up childhood - when it all started with a name.

Madison is supposedly an English name, the surname of Matilda who was a strong fighter. I am not strong. Ironic, isn't it? What were my parents thinking? That I'd grow up to be a strong fighter? I am no fighter. My parents are. They fight. A lot. Sometimes they end up with bruises and broken furniture but most of the time, they just result in a cut or two sliced across the cheek or lining up towards their elbow. If it was a good day, there sometimes was only a battle of shouts and a slam of a door that corrupts the house that is followed by a silence colder than the blood frozen in my veins or my mother's tears.
My name is Madison and I'm here to open up the hidden secrets to my screwed up parents and how I struggled to live in my wounded home with my wounded heart.

3 comments:

Carina said...

wowweee,
mayybe you should try happier stories
like: comedy and non-abuse related topics

XDD

i know you don't like yourself, and like pretending to be someone else ehehe

ily

tengkunurul.sofia said...

HAHA I'll have you know I usually write comedy. I'll send you my story or something one day. It is comedy. Childish too because I wrote it quite a while ago.
Love Sofia
xox

P.S. I love you too =) I love me too so yeah. THERE.

Melisa said...

ZOMG :O it's your oh so awesome ex-chemistry buddy hahah!

the queen of lame land has got a blog :D hahah jk jk you know i love you :p